Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monday, 25 January 2010

Skill Work:
Muscle Snatch - Heavy Single; 90% (of heavy single) x 1 x 3
Clean & Jerk - Heavy Single; 90% (of heavy single) x 1 x 3

Strength:
Back Squat - Set a new 1 Rep Max

WOD:
"Litvinov"
3 Rounds for time:
- 8 Front Squats, 185 lbs
- Run 400 meters

The joke here is that, supposedly, Sergey Litvinov, a 196 lbs Russian hammer thrower from the '80s did this workout with 405 lbs and 75-second runs. Yeah, let me know how that goes...

Post weights and total number of reps to comments.

5 comments:

Garrett said...

STRENGTH
-365#
WOD
-As RX in 7.30

CFBF said...

Garrett, you're a freaking beast!

I'm stoked to see you squat 4 wheels!

I think the next 16 week wave of strength work will get you there. You're gonna need bands and chains though. So order the bands online and get to a marine surplus store once you're back in the states to pick up the chains.

- Alex

BryanS said...

strength 325

wod 7:38 @ BW 165

Garrett said...

Alex,

Have you read anything from the 70'sBig web page? I like their diet plan because they have everything I want to eat on their (very not paleo). I know it will destroy my cardio but increase my strength dramatically. Do think it's safe to treat my diet in cycles like we do with strength training?

I've been doing this 30 day paleo test with you and let me tell you, I slipped and ate some greasy cheese and it utterly destroyed me for the past 2 days. Super sick!!! not going to do that ever again...

Where did you get your bands and what level of tension should I be buying?

-Garrett

zorg said...

Muscle Snatch - 46,5 kg
Clean & Jerk - 65,5 kg

Strength:
Back Squat - 1 x 112,5 kg

WOD:
"Litvinov"
3 Rounds for time:
- 8 Front Squats, 82,5 kg
- 20 Burpees
Time: 11:48