Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rest Day - 13 August 2009

Starting this week, we are going to be experimenting with a 3 on 1 off / 2 on 1 off cycle, in an attempt to help bump up the recovery a bit and make this type of programming more sustainable for the long term. Feel free to throw in an extra CrossFit Endurance WOD every few days if you don't feel like the 3/1/2/1 is taxing you enough.

I need everyone's feedback regarding how you feel after 2 or 3 weeks to let me know if we should stick with it or switch back to a straight 3/1 cycle. But remember: it's not about how much you CAN do, but how much you NEED to do in order to force an adaptation and move your fitness to the next level. So, please keep the crack addict behavior to a minimum and enjoy those days off!

1 comment:

Garrett said...

I like the sound of this program. When school starts up this semester the only off day I'll have from classes will be friday so I'm gonna work the off days so that every friday I have off. Hopefully this program works and were still pretty taxed by the second off day.

Later bro,